Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Features
What it does for you:
- Detects and protects against malware in real-time;
- Blocks hacking and phishing attempts;
- Schedules automatic scanning;
- Offers three flexible scanning modes;
How it works for you:
- Malicious website blocking;
- Real-time protection;
- Heuristic detection;
- Integrated Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit;
- Hyper Scan mode;
- Scan/Database update scheduler;
- Integrated Malwarebytes Chameleon;
- Advanced malware removal;
- Antivirus compatibility;
- Windows Vista/Windows7/Windows 8/Windows 10 (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Later
- Internet Explorer 6 or newer
- 256MB of RAM (512MB or more recommended)
- 800MHz CPU or faster
- 20MB of free hard disk space
- 800×600 or greater screen resolution
- Active internet connection for database and product updates
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Locate the downloaded file,mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe. The x.x.x.xxxx represents the version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- In most cases, downloaded files appear in the Downloads
- Double-clickmb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe to start the Malwarebytes for Windows Setup.
- When the User Account Control dialogue appears, click yes.
User Account Control requires permission from an administrator to continue.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the setup language, then click OK.
The setup language may default to the language your computer uses.
- To install Malwarebytes for Windows and agree to the End User License Agreement, click Agree and Install.
6. Click Advanced Options to choose a different install location.
7. When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation is complete, click Finish to exit Setup.
- Malwarebytes for Windows opens automatically when installation is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Search for Malwarebytes on your computer or install Malwarebytes for Windows.
- At the top right of the window, click activate License.
Activate License does not appear if Malwarebytes for Windows Premium is already active.
- Click the Enter your Key text box, then enter your license key.
- If you have a license ID, do the following:
- Click the checkbox next toMy license came with a License ID.
- Click theEnter your ID text box, then enter your license ID.
Note: If you do not have a license ID, skip this step.
3. Click Activate License to activate Malwarebytes for Windows Premium.
- After you activate your license, the top left corner of the window displays Malwarebytes | Premium.
- After activation is complete, Malwarebytes for Windows Premium starts a threat scan and turns on Real-Time Protection.
Note: It takes a few moments for protection to start.
- If you need to format your PC or carry your license to another computer you need to Deactivate the Malwarebytes first, then follow the above steps to install and activate on the new computer.